LANDesk Service Desk
Benefit from a Controlled, Proactive Path to IT Service Delivery
Service management orchestrates IT service delivery to drive efficiency, reduce costs, manage risk, improve control, and increase productivity. LANDesk® Service Desk enables you to deliver outstanding IT support services to employees and customers. It combines ITIL®-verified, process-driven incident, problem, release, change, and configuration management and more in a single touch point.
In addition, LANDesk Service Desk delivers out-of-the-box configurable solutions that enables integration with existing enterprise management systems and introduces process automation to move your IT organisation from a reactive state to one that’s more controlled, proactive and service-oriented.
Other ways your organisation benefits from LANDesk Service Desk include:
- Reduced costs while meeting required service levels
- Decreased risk and increased control by understanding how changes impact services and service levels
- Increased efficiency and productivity by enabling the automation of processes, allowing resource redistribution
- Faster incident logging and improved resolution while minimising recurring incidents
- Efficient and higher quality problem solving
- Clarity and control over service levels
- Powerful management and reporting tools for enhanced decision making
- Highly configurable to meet organisational needs
- An ideal way to deliver shared services both outside the IT department and with other organisations
- Business functionality beyond the traditional scope of IT—for example, ability to create processes for human resources and facilities
Resolve Issues Faster with Incident and Request Management
Incident and request management minimises the disruption due to IT-related incidents by ensuring fast resolution of user issues and rapid restoration of service. LANDesk Service Desk provides out-of-the-box templates for fast call logging and incident management. It handles all types of incidents, from how-to questions to service requests. What’s more, the solution’s Process Designer, used throughout the product for incent, problem, change and more, lets you dynamically configure processes to reflect the information contained within the incident. These processes allow for items such as incidents to be classified and handled in different ways or for different processes to be implemented in order to reflect the varying nature of the request.
Built-in Problem, Release and Change Management
Problem management focuses on reducing the number of future incidents and maximising service availability by tracking down the root cause of incidents. Release management deals with reducing the impact of change on the business by grouping changes into a release, and using impact analysis to implement smooth deployment. And change management means managing change to all the infrastructure elements—servers, operating systems, middleware, storage, power supplies, network components—that deliver the services. Consider LANDesk Service Desk your go-to solution to handle problem, release and change management:
- Problem Management: Built-in processes let you log and track progress using problem-based activities to investigate trends, diagnose and identify the underlying route cause of problems, and create reports.
- Release Management: This process helps you successfully introduce new software and hardware releases into your IT infrastructure. The toolset promotes efficient, consistent handling of releases across the enterprise from start to finish. This can, in turn, generate a positive perception of IT throughout the organisation.
- Change Management: Integrated with incident, problem and configuration management to ensure rigorous control of changes, while proactively preventing service disruption. Once a change request has been closed, problem management can be notified of completion. This communication flow continues to cascade as necessary, notifying incident management that a problem has been resolved.
Additional LANDesk Service Desk Capabilities
- Request Fulfillment: Delivers services to users quickly, reducing service provisioning costs and boosting end user productivity. LANDesk Service Desk provides predefined processes to enable your IT department to select from a list of template requests for fulfillment. The available services can then be filtered based upon the user requesting services and end users have the ability to launch the request via Self Service or through the Service Catalogue. The solution’s Process Design enables the requests to be routed through multi-level authorisation, validation, deployment, and subscription. The authorisations can be determined by both the organisational structure and the service being requested.
- Service Portfolio Management: Reduces the cost of service provision by applying standard process to the lifecycle of a service. It ensures that proposed services are fully validated and authorised, covering items such as benefit and demand validation, financial scrutiny, provision model, provider selection, and human and IT resourcing. This allows you to effectively deliver only those services that provide value and strategic alignment to the organisation. LANDesk Service Desk enables a service manager to manage the lifecycle of a service—how it is defined, specified, created, published, released to the business, and retired. This process-driven approach allows repeatable, standardised, and scalable methods of managing a service portfolio catalogue.
LANDesk is Certified for All 15 Processes that Make Up ITIL v3
LANDesk is among the few organisations worldwide to demonstrate capabilities for all 15 PinkVERIFY™ 3.1 toolsets. PinkVERIFY is the most mature and rigorous tool certification program in the world. As the organisation explains, a software tool must satisfy all of PinkVERIFY’s general, core, and integration process assessment criteria to display the PinkVERIFY logo.
- Powerful graphical user interface
- Extensible process driven solution that ensures adherence to defined procedures
- Service level management that enables the appropriate response or escalation to be automatically selected
- Configuration Management Database stores all service management-related data, including assets and configuration Items
- Knowledge-management capabilities enable capture, creation, management, and automatic display of knowledge as part of the normal workflow
- Dynamic dashboards can be configured to graphically display key data in real time for monitoring and reporting
- Intuitive, role-based information delivery to reduce training requirements
- Automatically communicate, log calls, and facilitate support via email
- Support for best practice and regulatory initiatives such as ITIL, Six Sigma, COBIT, and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Out-of-the-box, configurable capabilities provide additional flexibility to support processes beyond ITIL
- Seamless integration with leading enterprise, desktop and network management systems
- Access to LANDesk Integration Services and the OpenTouch toolkit for tailored integration solutions